Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I have gained so much weight since my son's birth, it's not funny! I feel so icky. Sometimes i'm even shy changing clothes in front of my hubby so he won't see those rolls....LOL! eeeEeWW. I was 60kg (which is pretty good for my height) when I was pregnant and throughout I gained 12kg (which is good!). So now, i'm almost blaardy 70kg! That's gotta stop! That's why i've decided to walk every day for at least 1 hour.

I've already started walking last Sunday from Punchbowl, Canterbury Rd, down to Maccas, Roselands (near my aunty's house- I pop by there ocassionally). Roughly, that takes 35-45 minutes. It depends because I bring my son with me.

But man, I feel so good after those walks. I used to consume a reasonable amount of food so my body produces enough breast milk for bubba; but now that he's almost 8 months he needs more than my milk.....I feel rather sad that I don't produce as much milk as I used to. As a mother, I prefer giving my son my breast milk because not only is it alot more convenient, it's also the most awesome bonding experience with a little person.

Obviously, I haven't been diligent in updating my blog everyday as I planned to. I'm still waiting for my iRiver mp3 player (20GB storage- pack on those lectures mate!) , which I bought on eBay, for 2 and a half weeks! Apparently they tried to deliver it to my Lakemba address twice when nobody was home, so it was sent back.........i'm so pissed!

So, here's something think about:

PAUSE AND CONTEMPLATE:
The doctors have informed you that you have
one day to live, then after you will die and
return to your Lord.
What will you do?
Who will you turn to?
Are you content with what you have done in life?
Are you happy with the deeds in which you have prepared yourself with to face Allah?
Will you still neglect the Qur'an?
Will you still sleep in and miss the FAJR prayer?
Will you still walk out after every prayer or take some time to dhikr?
Will you still be laughing and telling jokes?
Will you still have time to watch television?
Verily it is not the doctors who are promising,
but Allah has warned you to prepare for death for it may
come at any moment.
The Angel of Death is waiting at your doorstep,
waiting for the command of Allah to open the door and take your soul.
So pause and contemplate, and prepare yourself,
for tonight could be the night he opens the door and
greets you......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm absolutely loving your blog! I'm quite the avid reader. Its quite refreshing compared to those 'sarcastic-and-cynical-about-anything-and-everything-coz-its-cool' and 'chuck-in-every-word-from-the-thesauras' blogs.

I love how blunt and straight-to-the-point your blogs are. They really encapsulate your true personality and life as a mum and I can relate to practically everything in your blogs! They're absolutely hilarious. Keep em coming !

Fee said...

Salaams!

Try eating Low GI as well! I swear by it - remember how I lost a lot of weight last year? Its coz I was eating whole grains etc.. its safe and doctors have proven its the only diet which is beneficial to anyone (pregnant/children/elderly).. you'll lose it soon enough, inshaAllah! Take care - I miss you! *mwah!*