Monday, August 09, 2010

Vent

I NEED to get this out of my system: my son sometimes sleeps in my MIL's (mother in law) bed. After being sound asleep for about 1 hour I hear him crying in her room - usually it's because of a tummy ache or sore legs from running around too much. In this case it was the latter. After attempts in consoling him she finds that he's wet the bed.

It took me awhile to get him into the bathroom. I'd imagine he was uncomfortable covered in urine. The most FRUSTRATING thing was trying to take the wet clothes off him AND hearing her saying: "That's what happens when's out and runs around too much.....wakes up at night crying...". I felt like telling her: "DON'T blame my family for wanting to spend quality time with him on the one day that they get to! I want to make my parents happy too! What are you gonna do...? BAN him from running around too much?!" I swear....I wanted to say it then and there....but it was late and we're all buggered. Plus my husband was due to fly to Brisbane for his work the next day, for 3 days. I didn't want to add unnecessary baggage and stress to everyone.

Usually, when Robbie (my husband) is working, my son & I spend the Sunday at my mum's place. And the Saturday's we (Robbie, Abdurrahman & myself) also go to my mum's for lunch/dinner. But ever since Khadijah's discharge from hospital, Rob's being extra cautious - he wouldn't let her out of the house unless she had a doctor's appointment or whatnot.

So, on Sunday mornings I take my son to my mum's - which is only a 10-minute drive - and he'll stay there for the day so my parents can be happy and take him wherever they want or wherever he wants. I can see their (my parents' & my son's) happiness eminating from their faces when they drop him off later in the evenings. And if my MIL was gonna ruin that for them and/or me then she's gonna hear from me!

I feel alot better now........i'm gonna try and sleep this off.

Wherever you are, I hope you're having a better time than I am right now.

~Peace.

No comments: