Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ramadhan Day 1

RAMADHAN MUBARAK dear brothers & sisters!

how was your first day? Alhamdulillah I made it through the first day.

I awoke this morning @4am, initially to the sound of Khadijah sucking on her fingers - she went back to sleep. Even though I'm breastfeeding her, I still wanted to try & fast on the first......and so I did. I prayed tahajjud first and then had my sahur: 2 pieces of margarine & vegemite toast, small bowl of oats, glass of milk & white tea and 3 dates.

Throughout the day I tried not to worry whether she was getting enough breastmilk.....but I stuck to my intention, Allah will provide.

I'm not going to fast EVERYDAY. I'll see how I go in fasting every 2nd or 3rd day. Here's a little to read and ponder on:

"When Ramadhan begins, the gates of Paradise are opened." [Bukhari]

~Peace.

No comments: