Sunday, August 01, 2010

I'M BACK, BABY!

That's right! Actually I just popped out my second baby on the Friday, 26th March, 2010.



Ta - da!



Thank you all so much =)



I loved EVERY bit of the pregnancy- thank God there were no complications during the pregnancy and birth.



We named her Khadijah. Everytime I say that name and envision her face a giant smile just appears on my face. Like this --> =D



I don't actually know the meaning of "Khadijah" but I know this: In the history of Islam, there are four (4) great women who stood out above the rest and came to be known 'The Four Greatest Women In Islam'. They are: Maryam, Khadijah, Fatimah & Aasiyah. Maryam, mother of Prophet Isa (Jesus); Khadijah, Prophet Muhammad's first wife; Fatimah, Prophet Muhammad's daughter; Aasiyah, the Pharaoh's wife and the woman who found and looked after Prophet Musa (Moses).



I've always loved the name 'Khadijah'. I even promised myself that if Allah gave me a daughter I'd name her Khadijah. And so He did and the name was stuck on her right away.



At just 3 weeks of age, my baby girl was hospitalised for 6 days after having a fever. One Friday afternoon, after being admitted into the ward from the emergency, I held her in my arms. When suddenly I noticed she had stopped breathing. Her lips were pale, blue. My mum was there with me and she saw it too. She called the nurses while I tried everything I could to wake Khadijah up. She wouldn't budge. This lasted for about 30 seconds. At last the nurses came and did the MET (Medical Emergency Team) call. I put her back in the cot as they bagged her and tried to get some oxygen in her lungs. Alhamdulillah, Allah Almighty brang her back to me. Right there, I COULD NOT believe my 3-week-old baby just had an Apnoea.

They were doing so many tests to find out where the virus came from. She even had a LP (Lumbar Puncture) done to find out if it was meningitis. Alhamdulillah that was ruled out! Mum & I were waiting outside......and that's when I broke down. I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. Thank God mum was there with me to comfort me and keep my spirits up. I couldn't think of anything but ask Allah to help us and give us patience & also to restore Khadijah's health. Not long after, I was so relieved to see my husband arrive. In between tears, I explained to him what the doctors were doing. We hugged and comforted each other.

That Friday night, she was transferred from Canterbury Hospital to Sydney Children's Hospital at Randwick. In the Emergency, she had another apnoea while I was holding her, again. Only this time I was drifting in and out of sleep & Robbie noticed what was happening. Nurses nearby were called immediately. That one night seemed like years.

Afterwards she was transferred to ICU, where she stayed for about 3 days. Turned out she had Rotavirus and Noravirus - found in her stool. She was given oxygen to facilitate her breathing through a bubbly CPAP & also she couldn't breastfeed with me so she was given my breastmilk through a NasoGastric Tube. Alhamdulillah she got better and only needed standard nasal prongs for the oxygen and she was breastfeeding with me more. Eventually she was moved to the wards and things were starting to look up. She didn't need any extra oxygen to help her breathe. And finally, she was given the all-clear to be discharged.

Since being discharged from hospital, I would ALWAYS check if she was still breathing. After experiencing what I been through, I couldn't help it.

Well, thought I'd catch you up on what's being happening. How's that for a comeback?

I hope to keep blogging and keeping in touch.

~Peace!

2 comments:

Khadija said...

Congratulations with your baby! :)

Fauzia said...

Salaam....thanx so much Khadija! =)