Friday, October 13, 2006

Ramadhan Day 20

Haaaiii...yah! sup? Oh, nothing much bro..............anything new with you? *sigh* My word, it has been a hot day. Yesterday was hot, yeh? Went out for shopping, you know Thursday night shopping- good thing was we had Iftar in the food court- let me say, there was JAM-PACKED of Muslims....oh yeh! We had some Chinese and packed on food on our tiny plate of "self-serve". And yesterday was the FIRST TIME i've reunited with Gloria Jean's "Coco Loco".....phhwooaaahh, i was waiting a long time to taste it.

Since I had been breast-feeding my son for a good 8 months, I didn't think that by drinking Coco Loco would be good for me, so I stopped. And now that i've stopped nursing my son, bring on the caffeine and V!!! woOOHOOoo!
The down-side thing is I have to find some new bras! Far out, i've now noticed what breastfeeding does to your breasts- if I didn't love my son I wouldn't have breast-fed him so I could keep my twins looking "up-beat". haahhha! But no worries, i'll tuck away the nursing bras and hunt some good new bras to hook mine up again.

It's scary to feel time going by so fast. For example, when I look @ my son, I remember when I heard his first cry into this world. I look back @ videos I've taken of him when he just a week old, I tear up whenever I look at those videos. After looking back on his birth, I look at him now and I just get this overwhelming feeling, and just grab him and hug him so tight. Mummy loves you darling.

*wipes tears away* Anyway, alot of times when we're with our friends we like to joke around. This joking around is all well and good. However, when it comes to the point where someone is hurt intentionally or unintentionally, although they may not show it, this could lead to hatred and loss of respect.

The Prophet (saw) said:
"Do not argue with your brother, do not joke excessively with him, do not make a promise to him then break it."

The true Muslim is above all that, and inshallah in this month of Ramadan, we want to increase in becoming better Muslims and people. And Allah knows best.


Hold Your Tongue
Mahmud was a very pious man, but he was not very attractive looking. One day, he was walking along the road, minding his own business, when a lady came up to him, and started calling him names and abusing him. This lady kept saying all kinds of nasty things, and Mahmud just listened to her patiently. Finally, when she was finished calling him names and abusing him, Mahmud just greeted her, smiled, and said:

"And a nice day to you" and continued on his way.

Why did Mahmud behave this way?

It is because he knew that everything she said was just a reflection of her inner self.

If you use bad language or constantly slandering people, then you are just making obvious to everybody how far away you really are from Allah, since your words are in reality a reflection of your own inner self.


~Peace.

No comments: