Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Eid Mubarak!!.......Ramadhan will be missed :(

Feels like I haven't been posting for yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaars! Well, as you all know (if you're Muslim) we celebrated the end of Ramadhan on Monday, 23rd October 2006.

Alhamdulillah it was an eventful day. It will be a special one to me because this is my son's first Eid with the family. And to think that Abdurrahman was still in my womb, this time last year, amazes me. Time flies too quickly, don't you think?

Since that my mother-in-law left for Indonesia 4 days before Eid, to visit her sick mother, I am left to be the host of the house for Eid - which I've never done before. Cooking is not a stranger to me, but cooking a LARGE quantity that can feed a whole village is a bit overwhelming. That's what I had to do. Thank God it was an easy Indonesian dish that I could do- called "Bakso" or "Meiso". Of course, my dear mother was the one who aided me with all of it, except that I did the cooking, she just provided me with the tools.....hehhehe :)

The night before Eid, I was packing it! Didn't get to iron 2 loads of clothes the other day, so the morning of Eid I had to rush to fold the clothes and stuff 'em in the closet, prepare the food, change Abdurrahman into his tuxedo (yeh, he looked so cute in it!). We had to wait for someone to come & look after Robbie's dad while we went to pray @ Marrickville, Addison Rd. Subhanallah, it was fantastic!

Usually Robbie and I could go visit our families' houses after prayer on Eid, but this year was about to change. Since I had to organize everything, we didn't have a chance to go out until 12.30pm that day because we had guests. So when it came to the last guest leaving to go to another house, we picked up and left quickly before anyone else came....hehehhe - but we had only until 2pm to get back home.

I'm watching The Da Vinci Code on dvd at the moment. So I can't really concertrate on recalling on Monday's events.

I'll get back to it next time, aight.

HAPPY EID, EID MUBARAK EVERYONE!!

~Peace.

No comments: