Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's heart-breaking to see your children cry, for any reason. Or unless you MADE them cry.

Tonight, Robbie & I tried a maneouvre to help Abdurrahman sleep on his own instead of watching 'Cars' dvd until 11.30pm. We ALWAYS have to go to war when it comes to his bedtime. And so, we turned the lights off, left him standing in the cot crying and crying and crying on & off for a maximum of 25 minutes. That was so hard for either of us! We've never had to do it before because he wouldn't have any trouble going to sleep........until recently.

While we were lying side-by-side, staring into darkness, his cries feeding our ears; I was BEGGING Allah to help him go to sleep. Alhamdulillah it was answered.

On a lighter note, went bowling yesterday night for the first time in my life. And you know what? I got one strike! Yeehhhh!! We had 2 games and overall I hit 59 pins. I reckon that ain't bad for a beginner!

Time to sleep and hopefully wake again for 2mro.....inshallah. Take care.

~Peace.

No comments: