Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Little Jet-Lagged

Hey~ How's it going? I got back from Indonesia on the 9/01/08, yesterday. Abdurrahman & I, my parents, my two brothers, my SIL and her baby, all went overseas for my brother's wedding. Alhamdulillah it was a great success and a lovely wedding. I'm very happy for my brother and his wife. I look at them and i'm reminded of my own self with my hubby when we were newlyweds. I left for Indonesia on the 23/12/07 plus a short stop-over @ Denpasar, Bali and arrived in Jakarta @ 11pm AEDT.

The Nikah was held on 28/12/07. They had two wedding ceremonies; on 29/12/07 @ our house in Bukittinggi and another one @ the bride's house on 30/12/07. Photos turned out awesome and i'll put some up here when I get the time.

Overall, Alhamdulillah my dad, abdurrahman & I arrived safely. But it's always a sad departure from your relatives, whom you only see once every 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 years.

No comments: