Sunday, September 16, 2007

Clinical Placement

Day 3 - 12/09/07

Well it has been several days since clinical is over, for the year, yes!! I'm trying to recollect my memory from last Wednesday.

As the week progressed I got more restless because I wanted the week to end so bad! I was sick of Liverpool Hospital and just get home. Wednesday was good, although I didn't see my friend on the ward; turned out she had 2 days off. Alhamdulillah I got teamed up with a somalian nurse, who is also Muslim. She was really good at her duties and didn't ignore me through the shift like some a**hole nurses do. The thing I remember vividly about Wednesday was the VERY FREQUENT trips to the pharmacy for our patients' medicine. I didn't mind it after that because I got to sit down for at least 10 minutes, which was the thought always on my mind.

Day 4 - 13/09/07 (Ramadhan Day 1)

Ramadhan has finally arrived; I was gonna miss the cafeteria food at the hospital; which wasn't all bad. This was my first time working in the ward while fasting. Alhamdulillah I did pretty good and didn't passout or anything of the sort. But it is VERY tiring. My hubby started his shift @ 12noon which was awesome, so he could take Abdurrahman to my mum's place for her to look after him. But the thing was I forgot to take out Abs' car seat to put it in Robbie's car >_<. At around 11am on my morning break I saw 2 missed calls from Robz and I called him back to apologize for not taking out the car seat; seriously, I was half asleep when I left for clinical that morning.

Day 5 - 14/09/07 (Ramadhan Day 2)

This was the final day of clinical for the year! yay! Afterwards, we've got two weeks off uni and then we come back for the final 5 weeks left. Some other people have clinical starting tomorrow after a good week off - those poor buggas! To sum it all up; alhamdulillah the facilitator gave me a satisfactory mark although she wasn't really good as our faclititator - i've had better and more enthusiastic. I hope I never see her again. Seriously, if I ever get her as a facilitator again, by Allah I will swap with someone else. That's how crap she was.

Ramadhan Day 3 - 15/09/07

I love Ramadhan!! Why? Because I don't have to cook until 5pm!! WoooHOoOoOOoOOoo!! I'm really loving it 'cuz then I can just focus on getting the other stuff done or start on my assignments. The whole day we went around looking for a Gazebo because the one in the backyard has been torned down by the strong wind. We came back with nothing.

Ramadhan Day 4 - today

Guess what. I can't pray or fast for the next 5-6 days >:(. I hate when that happens. But on the bright side it'll mean that I can fast on the last 10 days of Ramadhan, which will be an important time for this month. I haven't had the chance to fast in the last 10 days of Ramadhan for the past 3 years because my periods always come at that time. And finally, inshallah i'll have the chance now!
Today I was supposed to head to my parents' house in the morning but Robbie's got the sunday off work so we're heading up there around 11.00-ish and have Iftar at my aunty's house. It won't feel like an Iftar to me because i'm not fasting. Some of you my think it's a good thing that i'm not fasting, but for us it's a feeling like we're missing out on something grand.

How was that for a recollection of memory? That'll all folks!

~Peace.

No comments: