Friday, June 15, 2007

Oh, The Relief!

Hey! How are my favourite people?!

Do I have any though? *shrugs*

I have finally completed a semester full of deadlines, pressure, expectations & snotty know-it-all first year Nursing students. Some people just don't know what they're in for if they think they'll fly through this course without sincere, hard work. Like I said, blardy snotty first year students (not all of them).

I now know the pressure that studying mums get when they go through balancing uni & family life, especially for those who've got more than 1 child. During the assignments fiasco I couldn't have my 17-month-old son in the room with me. I don't have any other rooms because I don't own a house and the room that I sleep is the only place where I can study. "OH ALLAH, PLEASE PROVIDE ME A HOUSE IN THIS WORLD, AND PROVIDE ME A PALACE IN JANNAH, AMIN."

Thanks to Allah, I felt good doing my first exam. Except for 2 questions that I KNOW I got wrong. What the heck is a "Reticular Formation" and "Spermatogonia"?! I know that it was something with the brain and the sperm. That's all! Alhamdulillah, there was a diagram of the heart we had to label. I was so grateful that I stayed up the night before, going into detail about the heart. I was like "WOOOHOOO!!! I see a heart diagram!!"

As for the 2nd exam, which was on last Thursday the 14/06/07. It was 100 multiple choice questions and 20 true-or-false questions. I LOVE those types of exams.

Now that I've done my exams I've got to think about more uni stuff. Like, what subjects to pick for next semester; yes, I'm planning to stay put with part-time studying - I've realised I work better that way with a child and all. Alhamdulillah, I'm happy with how I dealt with uni this semester; if I kick it up a notch next sem, inshallah I'll be at my best.

Well, that's just an update so far. Oh! A shout-out to Nafeesa: when are you available? 'Cuz I'd love to catch up @ a Cafe or anything. Let me know~

~Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.